04-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #211
Torqu3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wis3m3n View Post
when changing fuel filter, do i need to do the reset adaptation for it afterward or no ?
No

Quote:
when you said 'prefilled'
how much amount did you add into it ? half ?

thats actually first time i ever heard that. whats the advantage doing that ? i assume clean the lines along with it might as well while you there right ?

reason i ask you is that im due for fuel filter replacement and i dont have time and tools and even knowledge of doing the replacement. my dealer is going to do it. you think they will do the same method (pre-filled with diesel purge) or should i mention it to them ?
Dealership will purge the fuel lines with the appropriate software. Filling the filter is so you put less strain on the high pressure fuel pump because you didn't purge the lines.

Quote:
overall, how accurate is carly ?
i find it not so well..
but then again i might be wrong.

i did a parameter on oil level per % and per dipstick. both shows different numbers. dipstick numbers (58) is actually higher than the % (35) i find that weird. and when i check the dipstick manually it is on the minimum to max level.

i have the all access carly, and if anyone else have carly and can attest to that then im going to look for something else. dont get me wrong, the coding stuff is great but i mostly use it for parameters and diagnosis.
From what I hear Carly isn't all that good. It's better than just a generic app like Torque Pro, but not as good as proper software.
Appreciate 1