View Single Post
      03-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #55
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

BMW does indeed built POS cars sometimes or just some components. 318ti comes to mind with pre-mature engine failure common problem. In case you have not heard about it, BMW been sued by the GM dissolution corp? Apparently they signed a deal to 200,000 units of GM 6sp Auto trannys a year but they (BMW) kept demanding more and more quality improvements from GM and ultimately wound up buying 150,000 units a year. I know full well what a POS those trannys were. I suffered 2 failures on my E46 330ci and ultimately ditched it because of tranny issues. Anyway bought the E92 and it was a POS for the first 14k miles. Knock on wood its been flawless since BMW did some serious work on it. Hope it stays that way. It sure is no Toyota (I know I know what y'all thinking, but trust me I have always had one in the garage and wish BMW was half the car Toyota is. Atleast in some respects).