View Single Post
      03-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #73
locolobo
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d Barbera Red Metallic

Garage List
Thanks, Quasimodem. I changed the fuel filter today using your DIY. My 2009 335d has 43k miles (I got it with 32k) and I also recently did what I presume was the third oil change. The previous owner had all work done at the dealer (in another state), and I noticed the fuel filter still had the original clamps. Therefore, the dealer didn't replace the filter with the second oil change. So, it may be a good idea for owners who still have dealer service to remind them. One point I would like to add is that the aluminum nipple on the clamp end is very fragile, and I broke the old one off in the rubber fuel line and had to pull it out with needle nose pliers. I replaced the clamp with a fuel injection clamp, no serrations. Also I filled the filter with Diesel Purge before installing it. Once installed, I started by the normal procedure. The car cranked on its own for about 7-10 seconds and then started. I plan to disassemble the old filter sometime soon to see what's in there.