View Single Post
      02-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #143
Exacc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 325i

Garage List
2004 E46 325i  [0.00]
Euro Spec Car. Only have Professional CD (S663A). Build Date 7/2008.

Hey guys, read the entire thread. The reason is because I am researching how to have ipod connected to my car. My dealer promised me that they would throw in a Ipod kit on the car when I was about to buy it. At the time, I had assumed that all ipod in E9x cars are the 6FL type...since my dad's car in Canada had it, and I liked it very much. You had the option to have it connected to the USB to charge, while just the aux cable if you just want it to play.

Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the car. Never thought to ask for the 6FL option, as I thought it was a dealer installed item. Car arrived in 5 months! And when I asked for the ipod kit, they said they needed to order a new part, since they tried to install the kit they had in another car, and it did not work properly. I thought this was bull, but I researched in realoem anyway.

Turns out there are 2 types of retrofit kit. These are the ones that will have your ipod in your glove box. To me this is my second choice. The 2 part numbers are: 65-41-04-27-467 and 65-41-04-12-881. Anyway, the 467 part is not applicable with my radio and it says the 881 part is the one for the car. Which is exactly consistent with what the dealer said...it works with the business but not the professional. Will have them order the 881 kit for me.

But since they are ordering already, I also came across the 6FL Retrofit, which states that it is available for my car. Part number is 65-41-04-45-465. I am hoping that this will be available, as it would be cool to have the USB there.

Will call them tomorrow, as it is a sunday today! But just to clarify...in theory the retrofit ipod kit 881/467 part numbers work exactly like the 6FL, except for the fact that 6FL can have USB instead of ipod right?

TIA!