View Single Post
      06-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #9
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
it really depends... In my case it would not be cheaper. I spent a lot of money doing preventive maintenance ( 2000$) car already has headers ( 600 $) , 3 stage intake ( 400$) , tune ( 500 $) , opti coating pro ( 800). I had the car since it had 8000 miles so I know the whole history, condition of the car. I was about to do a suspension upgrade ( 2000$) . If I were to put it up for sale , I would not get anywhere near the amount of money that I ve spend on this car. I would be trading my perfect condition 328 for an unknown condition 335. Then I would have to spend probably around 1k on licensing , tax , insurance , safety.. The 2-3k easily becomes a 5k difference if you factor all in , maybe even more. Then you may have to still worry about maintenance on the 335 ( blown turbo's , etc , etc)

Other guys have full suspension upgrade, and other mods done to their cars

So its not easy to just say trade a 328 for a 335. There are a lot of factors to consider.

For someone that has a stock 328 and that has not done any maintenance or upgrades to their car , and they know the car will need some major maintenance done sooner or later, or for someone having issues with their 328 , sure the trade is worth it , there isn't much risk involve.

Also keep in mind , maintenance on an older 335 can be pretty expensive.

If I had a FBO RWD 6 speed 328 that has been reliable , I would consider the ESS supercharger. The car would be a beast , specially around the track

Its up to you i guess. When you start adding FI to a NA car...your basically re-engineering the whole car. Things can break or other things needed to be modified to be able to deal with the extra power.

I would personally just rather pay the extra $60-100 a month to have a car already engineered from the ground up to have turbo from BMW.

I tried added FI to hondas when i was younger...it always ends up being more expensive then you think and other things break or need to be modified that you didn't think needed to be done.

It can turn into a head ache of its own vs dealing with maintence items of 335i, that is already known and have improved oem replacement parts for.

There comes a point where your just better off moving to a higher plateform then you try do massive modifications.

Me personally, i wouldn't go back FBO and tune, anything more then that i would move to a higher plateform.
Appreciate 0