View Single Post
      11-17-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
AhmedM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Stumbling after spark plug change

Hey guys, this is my first post on the mechanical side of the forms. Im sorry if this is a repost but I haven't found any answers on any forms including this one, so sorry in advance!

I changed my spark plugs today after hearing what sounded like lifter tap but wasn't. Im starting the process of elimination and the first was my plugs. I bought the new spark plugs from fcp euro and bought Bosch OE Spark plugs: ZGR6STE2. Removed the spark plugs fine and replaced with the new ones with no issues. Torqued them down to 17 ft/pd and put the coils in as usual. Note: I found at the bottom of one of the coils that the rubber was torn about 180 degrees. After turning the car on, I heard no "lifter" tap so Hurray!! BUT, after driving a short distance I noticed my idle was sitting at about 720 rpm at a red light. Which is not normal considering its always been at 600 rpm at idle. Soon after realizing, I noticed that I felt what I thought was small misfires from under my seat and though the car. I can explain it to be something like small stumbles or as if the car was having tiny burps. I don't feel any loss of power under full throttle or even at moderate driving.

If anyone experienced this and has found a solution or if anyones read anything and can link me it I would greatly appreciate it!
Mods list:
Vrsf charge-pipe
Hks BOV
Bms DCI
Appreciate 0