View Single Post
      08-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #271
irq5
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, M-Sport, 8AT

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Hey... So spoke to the moulder this morning and all is not lost. We're going to get the fitment 100% this week still and then modify the moulds which are already in progress at the moment (second opening and ones with fins) to make sure they all fit perfectly...

As for the cut - I tried it following the line of the bumper, but it didn't look good in my opinion - there are so many crease lines around the ends of the bumper that it doesn't really look good. I tried to make it follow a similar line to the m-tech rather. The mould itself does wrap right the way around the bumper, so if anyone does want to have one custom made to a slightly different cut, I can always send one that hasn't been cut and you can modify as you'd like - just needs to be cut, sanded and then have the edges touched up with some black paint. You could do a cut-out at the top similar to the f10 in this way too. Unfortunately not on the ones with fins though as they will go right to the top.

Just a few thoughts. Either way, I'll post some more updates by the end of the week.
Appreciate 0