View Single Post
      06-30-2009, 02:14 AM   #1
mikedogg90
Rep
Drives: Red

A Perfect Set of Double d's in Europe :P -In Development-

As our liaison walked us down the famed stairs of the welt delivery program, he knew we weren't any orthodox BMW customers. "Your picking up ZWEI BMWs!?" he exclaimed, finally looking away from his little PDA. This was a family trip, meaning two first generation 335d's for the USA are necessary in order to embark on a full European experience. We have previously picked up Mercedes for the past 12 years, Usually diesels due to their high fuel economy, it was time to make new experiences. In all honesty, the Welt is very beautiful with exceptional quality of staff that throws you off your feet, but the Mercedes program is a lot more experienced with the Euro Delivery program, them offering a free taxi ride (~100 euros), free food, a store filled with overpriced clothes that just make you look a bit too fanatical (no off.), and a factory tour that is evenly paced. The BMW factory tour dragged on for 3 hours of watching body panels being examined by a fat german man. But it is fairly new and I am optimistic that it will improve its program with time.
Now on to the cars, the double d's are perfect twins () only differing in color. Black leatherette interior with the aluminum trim and side shade window sill skirts (free i guess?)Options only include the sport package to tackle the twist and turns of european roads, and the Hifi sound system to drown out the blabbering of my father! Driving the cars definitely are brilliant, both handle on rails and rocket off the line even in the breaking in period (under 3k rpm for 1.4k miles or 2k km). The torque is just ridiculous. I dont know too much on the technical aspect of the e90 but in plain terms, the car feels like a proper sports car. The colors in europe are also pretty unique because believe it or not, AW e90 3's are quite rare according to both the Welt representatives as well as in personal observations. The red on the other hand, well... to the swiss, they mind as well be starring at a ferrari! So many people have to stop and look at the red either surprised or baffled. Its the strangest thing...but its a great color. The negatives I believe are the run-flats which make the ride at times uncomfortable, and the beeping noise related to the Key (gotta disable it when im stateside). Its been a week and ~1100 miles on the odometers and Ive taken a few pictures, When I return stateside I shall post more pictures, until then enjoy this little teaser! Thanks everyone and enjoy! ~To be Continued...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0