View Single Post
      07-17-2018, 12:48 AM   #34
blueloco
Private
Rep
Drives: 325xi

Generic tool sets are next to useless. A driver with multiple torx tips however gets you a lot of places. A jack? Maybe a 17mm socket and breaker bar. I have found tire repair kits and compressors next to useless trying to fix a flat with the car on it. Slime brand tire repair kits freaking rock. Paid for itself many times over now. Jacking up the care to take the pressure off the tire seems to make repairs much easier. Bluetooth OBD dongle and smartphone scan tool are nice. Looking into Carly but so many mixed reviews not too sure.... I am used to packing everything I need to fix most issues roadside but the BMW has just too many different tools, wrenches, e-torx bolts etc... I'd give it a try of course but no way am I going to kit out like I was able to for my old A1 VW cars or an old Dodge truck.

Oil? I can't see why. Even if you are low that means there is probably a leak too bad to drive anywhere safely anyway. Same thing with coolant... Forget that. If you need to top off your coolant on the road you need to pay more attention in the driveway!
Appreciate 0