mike5809
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i M-Sport [LeMans Blue]

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5809 View Post
Mine sounds just like this - I have taken it in 4 times to two different dealers and no offer for replacement of the turbos.

First time [Dealer 1]: Replicated rattle and Replaced Wastegates
Seconds time [Dealer 1]: "Could not replicate" rattle
Third time [Dealer 2]: Replicated rattle - said first dealer did not have the wastegates adjusted correctly so they adjusted the wastegates (funny how it was fine with no rattle for 4 months)
Fourth time [Dealer 2]: Replicated noise with me in the car but lead mechanic said they wont do anything until it throws a code and I should 'live with it'.

I am taking it in again for an unrelated service item today. I have also requested for the dealer [Dealer 1]to look at the wastegates one last time.
Ugh, *sigh*. I just got a call from the dealership checking out the wastegates and they said rattle is normal.

When I pick up the car I am going to have them pull a 335i on the lot next to it and have them see if their lot car has the rattle - if not, I am going to put on my unhappy pants and politly request a more detailed reason why the rattle is 'normal' on my car but their lot cars don't have it.

'11 335i M-Sport xDrive Coupe [LMB] COBB V3 & PTF Tune | E45 |4in BERK DP | VRSF 5in FMIC | BMS Intake | ER CP | Exotics Tuning CF Lip | CF Diffuser | Eibach Springs | Bilstein Shocks
'07 BMW 335i Coupe & BMW Z4 3.0i - Gone
Appreciate 0