• BMW Performance carbon fiber front splitter
  • BMS oil catch can
  • Mishimoto check valve
  • BMS cowl filters
  • Turner motorsport cowl covers
  • Turner Motorsport IAT Relocator
  • OMP 1010 pedals
  • H3R Performance Halguard extinguisher

Current power figures: 459whp/328wtq. See page 3 for latest power adders and dyno sheet!

Look at me down there wishing for 300 horsepower. Such simpler times.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've owned this car for about a year and a half at the time of writing this, so I figured now is a better time than any to start documenting what I've done to it. My goal is to be as close to 300 horsepower and 3,000 pounds as I can while still being comfortable and fairly reliable. I plan to track the car pretty heavily going forward so I look forward to learning about setting up a car for the track.

It's a 2011 328i with a 6 speed manual and the M-Sport package. It's LeMans Blue with a Saddle Brown interior. Here it is when I first picked it up. I bought the car from Nashville, TN in September of 2018 with 55k miles on it. I drove about 12 hours round trip to pick it up.

At the time, I owned a fairly basic automatic 2008 328i coupe with north of 140k miles. It had H&R lowering springs, a 135i "BBK", and AG M355 wheels. That was my first car, and I loved it so much that I wanted to find the best example that I could to build my dream car. Here they are together.

The first mod that I did was an F30/F80 brake upgrade and a set of style 437M wheels. The brake upgrade included BMW Performance calipers, 2 piece front and rear ECS rotors, and stainless steel braided lines. The work was done by Mike, James, and Kaz at DeCoster Autowerke in Salisbury, NC.

Since it's a 328i, some fabrication had to be done to retain the e-brake functionality. This involved cutting and welding a set of 335i e-brake shoes to the existing shoes to space them out. It's a solution that I found on another thread on here, and it works perfectly.

The next mod that I did was a full header-back exhaust system. I went with Active Autowerke headers and had them JetHot coated. From the header back, I have a Laptorr exhaust system.

Here's how it sounds.

Shortly after, I did the 3-stage intake manifold conversion and had it tuned by Bimmer Performance Center. BPC no longer does tunes as Bob has left to start StageFP.

I had it dyno'd by BPC on their first dyno day of the year.

Not too shabby, it made 242whp and 229wtq.

Since then, I have added a Turner Motorsport intake and intake boot.

The most recent mods that I've done are mostly visual. I added a BMW performance carbon fiber front lip for the LCI M-Sport bumper, an ECS carbon lip spoiler, and a UUC Grand Am spec rear wing. The wing gets mixed reviews, but I've had my heart set on it and as a fan of racing, I absolutely love it.

Thanks for reading.

-M2M-

Last edited by Minutes2Midnight; 03-25-2024 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 4