03-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #177
Q23
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzzzzzwik View Post
My car is currently in the shop getting its turbos replaced through an aftermarket warranty. The car is FBO, and has had some other warranty work done in the past too like water pump, etc. Now none of these replaced parts were after market of course. I dont expect them to replace my Downpipes for example. in general they have a good idea about what usually goes wrong with these cars, so you should not have issues getting coverage. Also, generally warranties offered through financial institutions are better and less likely to deny coverage.

With the N54, especially early models I strongly recommend getting an aftermarket warranty. The warranty will most likely pay for itself, especially if you dont have complete records, and some big ticket items have not been addressed.
I agree the aftermarket warranty is a must for these cars... spent 3k on mine and so far I have had well over 12k of repairs!