View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #47
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
All nations benefit. The degree and the levels where the benefits varies. The poorest people of the poorer nations benefit immediately with higher paying manufacturing and labor jobs. Overall economic activity increases. Mobility also allowed less skilled labor to move freely where the demand is, lowering input costs at those locations.

Those are real tangible benefits to open boarders concept to open trade.
Whether we look at this macroeconomically or at an individual level...

What you mention above is one of the reasons, the UK decided to leave, it was being overcrowded by a large amount of migrants and all of their lower paying jobs were being completely taken over... to the point, where if you want from a certain nation, you may not get that job, thats not a joke, that was reality in many cases... but now the question is, what happens to those workers at home that can't do anything else or the home country where a massive % of the younger work force just left? There are no equilibriums in place for this situation... sooner or later this will cause a problem. I am a 100% capitalist, free market thinker, but with the Union, I think they over did it a bit... If France and Germany suddenly left the EU... would there really be a EU? No... every other nation, GDP wise is irrelevant completely...
Appreciate 0