06-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #59
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
NAFTA is a debacle for the US. With Canada its no big deal for the US. I see Canada this, Canada that. Whatever. The big issue is Mexico. All the manufacturing jobs etc have left the US and gone there. There's a $50b trade imbalance in Mexico's favor.

As for Brexit, if it was a single currency, open trade, it would make more sense. But throw in the social stuff, immigration stuff, regulations like which box you need to put milk in, etc and it becomes a quagmire. Then throw in loss of sovereignty, unelected foreign officials making laws, and padding their personal accounts, it's a travesty.

I'm glad it happened. I hope other countries, france, italy, follow suit. It'll take 2 years to unravel the UK. With trade deals it'll really be a non event long term. There's no reason for any of the regulations. If a country wants to sell its goods in another country, they should have to meet the other countries regulations. As for immigration and being unpc, that's a load of horse dung. A country should have the right to say no to whoever it wants. If Germany and France want to swing their doors open to a group that hates us and doesn't assimilate, that's their problem. Why should Britain or any other country be forced to accept them too.

Overall this will be a long term positive for England and a short term pain due to worry warts.
Don't the two bolded statements contradict each other? Wouldn't the latter be even MORE of a quagmire than the former?
Appreciate 0