Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
But why ? :
Honestly, I don't know, other than maybe our assumption is wrong regarding the numbers on the master cylinder casting. at VT we have installed 340mm on the front only on two different 335i's and neither exhibited soft pedal. Half a dozen cars with front and rear retrofit did and M3 master cylinder remedied the issue. Isn't like Brembo in Porsche car but still considerably better than non M master cylinder.

Also, for your situation, my suggestion is to just order new master for RHS. Don't mess with booster retrofit and stuff. Is just not worth your time.
I'm fairly certain that the assumption regarding the numbers is actually correct because when digging through the net trying to find a master cylinder the one that I bought has dimensions in the spec sheet that says cylinder 1 and 2 and the diameter symbol and then the numbers 27 and 22 respectively....

Could it be that there is actually no mushy pedal when installing these it's just that when the rears are installed they are much harder to bleed properly?

Apart from ordering a a brand new RHD master cylinder I can't find one to buy!!!! There were a couple on eBay in the U.K. before but they're gone.