Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
I personally would just fit the calipers and see what happens. The master swap is a big messy job to do at home and i'm sure your back will be knackered after doing the calipers alone on stands haha

I replied to the other thread but basically i am happy enough with my setup after i finally found the root cause of my inconsistent brake response (vacuum pump leak). I drive 1Ms and M3s (both E9x and F8x) for work and i cant help but think that there is more to it than just mechanical parts which contribute to the way our brakes feel.

If BMW stipulates you must encode/program the vehicle (DSC specifically) to tell it it has the 6pot/2pot Performance brake kit, there has to be a legit reason for it. Many people reported a positive difference after adding SPBR to their VO following an F30 Brembo upgrade on their E9x. It is my belief that there is a software restriction on the fluid flow volume and rate which is holding back the true performance of these calipers.
Funny you should mention your vacuum leak. The only other difference on M3s is the Addition of a vacuum pump. Whether it's the whole cause or just a contributor remains to be seen. Race cars don't use boosters because the feel is inconsistent(among other reasons). What if that's the reason they put it in n the first place ?