View Single Post
      01-10-2022, 11:14 PM   #1
wdas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D e90

Space between front bumper and hood

Hello all. I have recently purchased a bmw e90 320d 2005. When I went to check out the car I lifted the hood and closed after inspection, noticed a small gap on the driver side, so I thought maybe I haven't closed the hood properly. However when I got the car did all the checks and etc, and now I constantly notice that gap. I have attached a file.

After closer look I noticed that the holders of the headlights have been fixed after breaking, there is also a small broken part on the front panel. I thought I have to replace the entire front panel, but then I decided to try to move the bumper, also tried to put spacers to lift that side, but it just lifted the rear back - where the screw is and the front part of the bumper still has a big gap.

Few days ago, I was browsing cars for parts for few bumpers, and I noticed the same thing on another car all the way from UK, so I guess there is a chance to fix this without buying whole front panel. I watched several videos on youtube but they are mostly fixing the hood, I believe the hood is aligned properly - as you can see from the pic they align perfect with fenders and headlights.

Do you have any suggestions?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0