View Single Post
      11-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #27
jreich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: montego blue 335 coupe MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster4075 View Post
In doing a little more research (on the leather-sport seats), I was able to find that the sport seat heated elements are not available for US cars, but for European cars, you can get all three elements separately from the seat cushion:

Heating element, sports seat leather - 64116973943 $107.88
Heating element, sports backrest - 64117140539 $83.47
Heater element, thigh support - 64117138803 $20.88

Obviously, I would need two of each part and those are list prices, so the parts should be able to be had for less.... I'm thinking that the modules could be salvage yard items, as they are quite expensive. More R&D to come...
Just some FYI... I wanted heated seats for my old dodge ram pickup...I ended up buying a high quality kit on ebay that worked really well. It came with integrated temperature sensors as well. It came with sticky tape on the heating element corners to secure it to the foam. I also sprayed some 3M automotive glue on there and it worked fine. Had two different temperature settings as well. I think the kit for both seats was around 200 dollars.

So Booster, are the part # for the leather seat skins with the heating elements sew into the seat skin? I wouldnt mind upgrading my sport seat vinyl to leather if all I needed to buy were the skins.
Appreciate 0