View Single Post
      06-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue

Garage List
Chicago Half Miles Videos(vargas stage 2 unveil)

Well we had some success today. Stayed dry all morning, unfortunately we did get rained out around 330-345 but we all got 4-7 runs in.

First I will say this about the event itself.
Wannagofast management and planning is pretty poor. Things were very slow, a little chaotic and generally not run very well. Lunch especially was abysmal, we were promised a catered lunch to fill us up after a half day of racing. During the lunch break we were greeted by only 3 baskets of tomales and hot sauce, which was followed 20 minutes later by some sliders showing up. VERY poor planning here, this was par for the course throughout the day. Now, on to the races.

My full mod list is as follows:
VARGAS Stage 2 stock frame hybrid turbos with GTX compressor wheel and upgraded thrust parts
Pro Tuning Freaks pro tune from Dzenno
ALPINA trans flash
VRSF 7" FMIC
Quaife LSD
BMS DCI/BMS catless downpipes/BMS oil thermostat mod
Walbro 450lph standalone LPFP
Continental sport contact 3 255/40/18 summer tires
Was running on a tank of 70% ethanol 30% 110 leaded

All I got on my go pro were 3 races, more will trickle in as others post stuff.

As follows...

Me vs. Lamborghini Murcielago from a dig (very unhappy lambo owner )

Me vs FBO RB turbo 335is who put down 479whp
from a dig, both get decent launches and it's a dead heat. Our traps were identical all day at 150mph

Me vs Same RB turbo car as above, he spins first gear. I nailed a very hard second gear launch and walked away hard race was over as soon as it started.

Here is my very brief synopsis of RB vs Vargas for stage 2 kits. They are a dead heat, both kits are extremely equal. As they are intended to be, no apparent advantage to either kit. Though as you can see I did still win both races, and am now pretty partial to my kickass vargas turbos! Tony does good work!

There were quite a few other N54's there to represent today as well. I would say nearly 10 in total, and a 15-20 car BMW showing. Very good day, I hope some of the other guys chime in here and use this as a place to post up some of those vids/pics when they get them.

Last edited by iDriveSlo; 06-02-2013 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 0