09-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #45
zedman
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport 320D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
I am with you brother. My wife and I have recently (last couple of years) had to start going to church in order to get our son into a school where they still have a nativity play. I have a been told by many people that I am being two faced as we have never really been church people – although we are Christian believers. But you have to do what you have to do. In fact there have been many good off shoots from being involved with the church, meeting other families in the community etc

We looked at many different schools some private some state, and virtually all of them did not have things like nativity plays and did not recognise xmas through fear of offending the Muslim pupils. We managed to get him into the very good, hugely over subscribed Church school and he and us are very happy

its rediculous to not have a Nativity play for fear of upsetting anyone, as a muslim myself I couldn't care less what plays the school have, as long as the kids are getting involved/happy and not learning to hate each other then its all good. When i was a wee lad I went to a convent school with some pretty openly racist kids, I used to frequently be asked by other pupils 'hey Amir, when you going to have a bath?' etc and the teachers didn't give a toss, and some of the older nuns - well they were deffo a bit xenophobic, never openly but always subtly...

Anyway everybody loves having a pop at us muslims and I know we don't help ourselves and our PR is terrible but behind the cocks who go round making sweeping radicalist statements on our behalf theres a lot of us who are just normal people like me with friends from all walks of life, normal houses, E90 BMW's and sit on forums rather than doing their work!

So next time you're thinking about the 'fucking muslims' just remember the head of the British muslim council said 'To suggest celebrating Christmas and having decorations offends Muslims is absurd. Why can't we have more nativity scenes in Britain?', oh but that didn't end up in the Daily Mail so mustn't consider that? There was also that school in the south that had a Czech play/story instead of a traditional nativity, didn't hear anybody saying 'fucking czechs'... !!!
Appreciate 0