View Single Post
      09-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #67
ihavedrivenanm1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ['02 e46] '06 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer
If you feel you can afford taking the hit then more power to you. You don't have to justify to me or anyone else on here how or why u spend your money.

All I'm saying is it's not a smart financial move. You can tell yourself that losing $5000 or more on your 1 year old 330i at trade in is actually only losinging $3000, but the bottom line is you're taking a loss on the deal. Maybe it's money you feel you can afford to lose, but it's a loss, and that makes it a lousy deal. It's like over paying for your new car. And next year when the M3 rolls out, if you trade your then 1 year old 335i for it you're gonna take another hit. And you will have overpaid again for your M3. If that's ok with you then it's all good, end of discussion.
Never said there wouldn't be a loss. But the question is whether or not I consider what the additional money buys [regardless of how much] to be good value for said money.

Considering this I can't think of anything of more value/fun/entertainment that I could buy with that $3K or $4K that I couldn't buy right now anyway [and I already give away about 8-10% of gross as it is, though I suppose one can always give more and that is a good thing.].

Now consider also the facts that the bumper-to-bumper warranty [and service costs] are extended for a year and the fact that I will not have to pop for $1200 in new tires for another two years and that just makes the total package even better...
Appreciate 0