View Single Post
      12-26-2017, 02:40 PM   #11
vakaasahmed
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 2009 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozy View Post
Just to update, I eventually got greedy and thought since I got an MULF2-HI, I might as well retrofit USB functionality since it's much flexible than burning CDs.

So instead of lifting trims, redoing the wiring from the center console etc., I decided to forgo AUX functionality. If you want AUX in the center console to still work, you would have to reroute the pins from the rear of the radio to the MULF2-HI.

I went ahead to just get a cheapo typical fakra usb cable and plugged into the MULF2-HI. The cable will be in the trunk and the USB thumb drive will be there as well.

Also, since my radio's software is from before USB was even available, I had to update it so I asked for help on this forum. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1207697

Ok, cable plugged into the MULF2-HI, radio software updated, went to NCS to code radio, 'aktive'-ed 2RAD_USB. USB icon is now on the radio. Here I'm almost already celebrating but little did I know what's about to come.

Happily I went to plug in the pen drive expecting to now listen to my mp3s on it. Went back to the car, USB icon still "- -". Started doubting many conditions such as a dud cable or what not. Did things like shaving off the legs of the cable hoping to get a better connection. No go, still "USB - -"

Step 2 of troubleshooting, plugged in my INPA cable to the USB port. The cable's LED lights up. Confirmed the USB connection is ok. Scratching my head again.

Went back to look through more coding, both on the 2RAD and 2MULF. Nope, all looks good... what's wrong?

So after going back and forth, I finally decided to take a risk. I changed the date of production on the VO and default coded 2RAD. USB is now working! Of course since I didn't want to mess my car up, I did not FA WRITE the VO to my modules. I left it and called it a day....

Hope this helps since all information on the web is quite fragmented here and there.
Hey! I was just going through this thread in hopes to find some help, im a new E90 owner (first time bmw owner also) I have bought a car with a retrofitted cic i drive retrofit, so: (CIC, TCU + MULF2-high)

The car previously had a bmw professional head unit. So the aux has been wired directly to the head unit or megablock connector.

All functions work except the aux in the centre console. I have been told that this needs to be wired from the back of the head unit to the Mulf2 as this will control the aux etc.

Would you be able to guide me on what wires need to be wired and to what locations?

Any help appreciated!
Appreciate 0