View Single Post
      05-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
XYR03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtsMyWorld View Post
Rich(xyr03) did his recently in matte white. But it also took him a while with 4-6 guys. If you want a car wrapping meet expect it to be over a couple of days. To do a complete car in one day it'll take at least 8 hours of work with no mistakes. Pieces though are different and easier. Just depends on how prepped the car or piece is. If you wanna do your roof you're going to need to wash, clay bar, wash and some people like to wax before putting the wrap on. Interior pieces you just need to have the piece off, wipe off with diluted rubbing alcohol with water. But interior trim still takes up too 2 hours.
What phil said is very true. Wrapping a car is not a very easy job on a busy schedule (I'm sure someones gonna quote this and say how they wrapped their car in one day). If you DD the car, plan on having the car sit around for a couple of day unless you wanna drive your car half ass done. I had a beater so this wasn't an issue. I just finished wrapping my car in matte white and it was a PITA, and its still a PITA to keep it clean. I'm not saying that WRAPPING A CAR IS IMPOSSIBLE but it takes some time. If the OP is planning on a "help me wrap my car meet" with people that has never touched vinyl in their life OP should expect alot of scrap and buy extra vinyl. I say do it why not?? Send an email out ot autovinylsoultions.com and ask for adam he'll hook you up.
1998-E36 M3
2007-E92 328i[/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0