03-19-2018, 02:00 PM   #19
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey33 View Post
Chappers. An A7 does not have 600bhp lol. They have either 200bhp or a bit more with the Petrol V6

An RS7 has the near 600bhp V8 and I can assure you it wasn't that, unless you were being towed by a Eurofighter.

S7 has 420bhp, but its still pretty quick.
Yes it's possible the same affliction of up badging effects some Audi drivers like those that put M badges on non M cars.
The A7 that I had a little duel with was wearing a RS badge, hence my surprise that my old 375bhp 335i did rather well against a 560bhp 40/50k car, even if I was mistaken and it was only a S I'd still be happy with it.

Duel carriageway I was doing 50 in outside lane, Audi came flying up the inside, I see him in my mirror and start accelerating to close the gap on the car in the inside lane and to stop the Audi cutting in front of me. He has to brake and pulled out behind me, I've already floored it the Audi was around 4 car lengths behind and not gaining on me, I then pulled into the inside lane to let him past and to see what type of Audi it was. when I saw the RS badge I had to pull out behind him. We then had traffic in front of us once that had moved over he accelerated hard as did I, he wasn't pulling away and I wasn't catching him, things were going to get silly so I backed of but pulled alongside him when we slowed and stopped for the roundabout. I was ready to give him a cheery wave but I received a dirty look and a shake of his head before he sped of.
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0