View Single Post
      04-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
umm here is how I did it. I ran into some problems. Tried to start a business and spent all kind of money on it, but didn't work out. At that time I had a BMW M3 financed through BMW. Never was late on the auto payment. But later, business didn't go so well, and I was way behind on my credit card payments. However, i kept paying for the car on time. I filed for bankruptcy, after an advice from one of my friend. Three years later, I tried to purchase a used car from a BMW dealership, BMW finance didn't approve me. Thus, I ended up leasing a Passat from VW due to the fact I had a VW prior to the M3 and managed the payments very well. They gave me a great rate. After the lease had expired on the Passat, I went and leased my current ZHP. I got a great money factor. As for having credit cards, couple companies opened a line of credit immediately post bankruptcy. Sure I was paying an annual fee, but hey a person has to be thankful. Now, I have a great FICO score, along with only 3 credit cards. That is all I need.
My advice to you, start slow and small and then go big. You never know what happens in life. Good luck
Appreciate 0