View Single Post
      05-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

German Invasion @ LACR

Hi gang, just got back from German Invasion.

There was a decent turnout, but only 7-8 335s.

Density altitude was around 6,300' when we started racing, and went up from there. On the plus side, traction was decent for LACR.

My best run was my first, 13.27@105, 2.14 60' time. My next run I cut a 2.00 60' time, but spun after the 60' and ran a 13.28. After that it was all down hill. I'm not positive but I think I had the best 335 times for the day.

A few of the cars, including mine, were experiencing weird altitude related issues. Mine would throw a code about the idle speed when sitting and go in to low boost mode. No matter what I tried I wasn't able to clear the code. Jeff from Eurobahn let me borrow a scanner and did what he could (thanks again, smoking hot model btw!), but we couldn't figure it out. As soon as I got closer to sea level I restarted the car and the code went away. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Another other guy who had the same code/problem doesn't have an Xede so I'm not sure it's related to the piggyback.

Anyway it was fun meeting Driver72 and the other forum members. Next time let's do the race at Irwindale or a sea level track!
Appreciate 0