View Single Post
      05-13-2007, 07:19 PM   #16
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
I wish the scales up there worked, I would have liked to see my race weight. I come in at 200# fully loaded, and I had around 1/3 tank of gas. On the reduction side my car is probably 60# lighter than most due to the res delete and lighter rims/tires.

I'm still not sure what the deal with the code is. It would happen if I left the car sitting for over 20 minutes. It was extremely frustrating, mainly because it's never given me an issue before and turned the second half of the day in to a big waste of time. I'm not ready to blame the Xede yet, as the TT guy had the same idle speed code, but it needs to be looked in to.

So when does your new car show up?

I'd say your car is more like 100+ pounds lighter than the others there (or stock 335i's)
I think you said your 17" tires and Kosei wheels only weigh 42 pounds combined. That's 14 pounds lighter than stock on each wheel.
Then the lack of the Sport Package probably drops 20+ pounds, and the resonator delete drops another 20 ish.
That's a good 100 pounds lighter overall, and about 60 pounds of that reduction is rotational mass.

I don't know what the code deal you (with the Xede) and Rabyrab (with the Turbo Tuner) were having, and it surely needs to be looked into.
I know it bummed you and Rabyrab out big time.
I would call AA and ask them about the tune and see if they've tested it at elevation.

My coupe is scheduled to get in mid-late June (finish assembly is tomorrow).
But as you know, it will be scorching hot then, so we'll all have to plan a fall get to gether when its cooler.
I'll have my LSD in by then (it's sitting in the garage now) as well as the PROcede v2.0, the Morr Alloy VS7 19 inch wheels.

BTW all, I do believe EVERY 335i there today was an auto.
Where were the manual guys?
Appreciate 0