View Single Post
      10-31-2018, 02:09 PM   #1
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

Build Log: E91 Touring - Competition package

The Concept

Before I get into the story behind this build, I thought I would establish what the plan for this car is and then get into more about the car itself. The concept, is to provide me with what I am calling my perfect commuter or everyday family car, that could be used for High Performance Driving Experiences, AutoX or fun mountain drives on the weekend and get me to and from work the rest of the week.

The Car is a 2011, E91 Touring, 328I Xdrive with MSport package. I am proposing to address three areas of the performance to make it into what I call a “What If?”, or OEM+ build that is oriented towards a “Track” package, or “Competition” package if one existed for this car. Recognizing the rarity of this car, all efforts will be made with an eye towards maintaining as much inherent value in this car as possible. While not the true unicorn it could be if it was a 6-Speed manual, being an M-sport wagon in any form makes it fairly hot at the moment.

Next, we will tell our tale from the beginning. This may get a little verbose so hold on....

Current Update (as of 11/5/2018):
Revisions so Far:

Brakes & Suspension:
• BMW Performance Big brake Kit
• BMW M3 Strut Tower brace

Engine performance:
• N52 3stage intake manifold upgrade
• Euro Cold Air Intake
• Turner/Active Autowerk Tune
• BMW Performance Exhaust system

Other revisions:
• Removal of Bridgestone Run Flat Tires, replaced with Michelin Pilot Super sports
• LED Driving/Angel Eyes
• Custom Front License plate
• BMW Performance Shifter, Handbrake handles and boots
• BMW Performance Accelerator and Brake Pedals
Attached Images

Last edited by TechieCarGuy; 11-05-2018 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 1