N54Society
Major Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
It's got to be coolant.

Clearly it's not oil, the engine doesnt get that hot and it doesn't look like oil.

It's not fuel because it would smell like fuel.

The only other fluid is coolant. How is your coolant level doing? Judging by the volume you should notice a drop in level. Any drips on the ground? As someone pointed out there might be a freeze plug up there for a coolant passage that is leaking.

You can let it idle up to temperature and watch the area and try to determine where its coming from.

Any chance you have Max Cool mode on? Not that that would cause this but I'm curious why it started right after you installed the JB4.
Hah, I just came to the same conclusion and added it to my last post. It's gotta be coolant as you said. Coolant level is actually fine. Not lower than it was since I last filled it, which happened to be recently when I did a flush.

No drips but I only noticed it when I got home from work. I thought it went away yesterday. I like your idea about idling and monitoring. Should have thought of that. I do not have max cool on. I think with the JB4 running right, my car is just being exerted more than ever so things like the cooling system are being pushed to their peak.

2010 E90 335i M-Sport AT: 5" Stepped FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP - MHD V7 E60 Tune running 100% E85 - VRSF DPs
Appreciate 0