View Single Post
      09-09-2016, 08:27 AM   #12
RunFlatOut
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 330d coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkymarky View Post
Very interesting runflatout. I could use the usb to plug my tablet straight into and get digital into the MOST loop by the looks of it? So no analogue conversions?

The bluetooth looks handy although it doesnt support apt-x by the looks of it.
The SKIF module is definitely inserted as an item on the MOST loop, which I believe is only a transport bus for digital information. My understanding is that elements on the MOST ring send data along the optical path and the final conversion to analog is done by the head unit (or maybe the CCC). If we put a bunch of questions together I can probably get good answers from the support team. And if a MOST expert has the ability to expose my ignorance and correct me then please please do so.

However I suspect you can't just pop a cable in the USB slot to any device (phone, tablet) and make it work. Have a look at the accessories link below you'll see one of those is an extension for Apple stuff. The SKIF adapter plugs in the MOST loop and offers 2 interfaces: a standard USB port and an extension port that looks like it's proprietary. That's where you would add their Bluetooth module or their Apple module. They have a third extension which is an Aux cable, basically allowing you to use the SKIF module as an Aux input.

http://umno-tech.com/catalog/index.p...50bdf24803e0c1

Huh...now I'm confused. Adding the Aux module would mean the SKIF adapter can send analog output (eg: aux out on an iPod) via the MOST loop?

I'll definitely ask them a few more questions in my next mail
Appreciate 0