United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E70 4.8i, 2008 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.67]
2007 BMW X5 4.8i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by activereality View Post
Might just need an adapter for the MOST bus. As long as you have one of those, I would think you would be good to go. Most of these companies offering Aftermarket HU's are offering MOST Adapters as an addon.

- One note: I am uncertain if MOST adapters are 'married' or proprietary to a specific type of head unit or company (as in: if the internal logic of the HU needs to decode the signal from the MOST Adapter).

- I just installed a Dynavin N7- Pro, which is 95% plug and play, so it worked out very nicely. It uses a MOST Adapter in my vehicle ('08 N54 E92 335i Coupe- with Logic 7).
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1682965
It works on the AUX input...

There is no need for a MOST adapter, it doesn't replace the head unit in any way, you have to switch the radio to AUX to get sound.

My car is 2008 non idrive logic 7 DSP professional. The aux input on the DSP professional car goes from the armrest to the amplifier instead of going to the head unit so it requires connecting into that wiring rather than to the head unit on the logic7 cars. You have to either tap into the aux input with a custom wire as I did or plug it into the armrest (or run your own wire to the amplifier). This is likely not necessary on non logic7 cars.

The screen is essentially a phone mounted on the dash (yes it even has a SIM slot) but is plugged into the system but has some specialized inputs for backup camera, DVR, etc. It also has the aftermarket idrive style controller if you choose to use it. Or if you are an idrive car then it uses the factory one. You can't really control everything from the idrive controller so you end up using the touch screen in my experience.

-Rich

Last edited by rbryantaz; 01-15-2020 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0