View Single Post
      03-03-2021, 05:49 PM   #18
335dbc
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryantaz View Post
The e90 unit came with a cheap external speaker for the navigation voice commands.

On my e70 (which is really the same unit with a different plastic housing) it was wired differently and had a connection that the factory center speaker went through.

So if you have the logic7 you can modify the android unit to play over the center speaker. The center speaker works normally when there is no navi directions, but when it gives them it then plays them on the center (it lowers the volume on whatever is playing and then sends the navi voice on it aswell).

It works, I would have to check to see what the pins were that I used. There was no documentation, I only knew to do it because I had both units..

I also don't use the center controller at all with it, I would rather have the cubby and use the touchscreen, it works fine without it.

-Rich
Thanks for the information. I am installing the kanor unit on my non-idrive e90. If you have a chance to find the pins let me know. Also how is the Bluetooth calling?
Does it run a external mic to the unit? I opted to get the wireless CarPlay so it’d be nice if you could run the android unit onto the oem mic.
Appreciate 0