View Single Post
      02-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
So how difficult really is this infamous valve cover gasket swap? Can anyone tell me about all of that? I'm new to the scene here. Is the VCG swap a common maintenance item? Factory schedule maintenance? I've never had to swap a valve cover gasket for any reason other than because I removed a valve cover to do a mod (cams, etc.). My car has less than 30,000 miles on her, so I feel like a VCG swap is a long way off..... Is the job (VCG) really so bad? Why?
two shops quoted me 6-7 hours to do the MILvs job , plus 300 for the parts and another 800 for the tune ( if you don't already have BPC tune) , so 1800 $ roughly to get it done at a shop

I think that is the reason people are recommending to do it when the valve cover gasket needs to be replace.

Its not really a cheap mod unless you DIY , the good thing is that there are some tutorials already on the other thread. If you are comfortable working on your car this may be the best route. But I would def add at least a 3 stage intake to take advantage of the money you ll be paying BPC for their tune , heck even AA headers at the same time
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00