View Single Post
      06-15-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
AlanIOW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 320d M Sport Convertible

Here are the buttons I am talking about to control the USB drive

On further investigation I find if I don't use the random setting with the flash drive it does start from where it left off when I restart. So if I want to use random I have to turn the random setting off before shutting down or the bloody thing starts the same old sequence yet again!!

Its a work around but surely this cannot be what BMW intended, also why is random just a set sequence and not random - again it can't be difficult to program a true random even cheapo £10 mp3 players have random!!

I have another gripe, if I select "LIST" it plays the list correctly, but when you turn on again after stopping you have to select LIST again as the little tick has gone so you cannot seem to leave it alone and it needs user input both before and after shutting down.

Come on BMW this seems to be the least thought out piece of software ever, £205 or $400 is not cheap for a £5 usb port, so it should work better than this. We in the UK don't even get the iPod cable for our £205 so it is obviously supposed to work with Flash drives!!

Rant over
Appreciate 0