02-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #55
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
Just called 3, that right 3 BMW dealership part departments, and they have NO IDEA what that part number (83220406929) is!!! They say that its in their system, but that it is some kind of oil, but it is Definitely NOT for the new turbo 6 speed auto transmissions! They've NEVER, EVER, put this stuff in those 6 automatic transmissions! HUN, good luck with whatever the hell they put in your vehicle!
well. i don't know what to tell you. did you ask them to check part numbers for those 1L and 20L measurements as well? because my local dealer was able to verify that. and yes they probably never ever put that stuff in because i actually was the first one they did drain and fill in my area too and hence the confusion, according to my SA. if they don't know what that is i don't know how they can say it is right kind or wrong to start with... so i wonder how the dealership in your local area sell the transmission oil in 1 liter and 1/2 liter form, if they don't have part numbers for smaller measurement which means they don't have right pricing for the smaller amount

i'm actually swing by dealer on saturday and ask them to show me the drum to get done with this conversation but it does raise bit of concern if 3 of the dealer saying the same thing to you... btw, feel free to call or have them call to verify with bmw of seattle. their number is 1-800-782-8780 or 206-328-2300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
Proceed rev II is an extreme tune. If you went with a mild one like dinan stage I, then I can understand. I've hung out with penty of owners of heavily modified vehicles, and typically, guys who have power adding stuff, don't use oem fluids! They are always looking for more hard core stuff for maintenance, because the extra power, defintely shortens the OEM component lifespan.
i understand where you are coming from and trust me, if there's better than OEM stuff, i'm all about it. if you point me pentosin or any other transmission oils that are exceeding oem transmission, shell M1375.4, with individual testing result, i'll be using them on my car for sure. i just didn't see any, but unclear claims here and their by manufacturors of those oils. in the mean time, i don't think drain and fill my old oem transmission oil with fresh new oem transmission oil would do any harm, if that's right transmission oil as you said. i intend to do another drain and fill in next 50k which is half of a period that what bmw recommends, same thing goes with engine oils and some other stuff.

Last edited by hun77777; 02-09-2010 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0