11-27-2022, 06:42 PM   #2128
edycol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i54n View Post
My impressions so far of the 370/345 (e60 rotor) bbk

its a decent upgrade, main thing is fixed calipers. so before the rear pad would overheat 1st and cause crazy vibrations, so i tried just the rear 1st which added another 20% time before the front would cook and vibrate also. so with full bbk i never get any vibration under braking. m3 master is a must with full bbk otherwise it felt worst and had more travel than stock brakes.

its a donkey size caliper setup but pad surface area is small so pad quality will play a big part if tracking and because of its donkey design, it stick out a lot from the hub so verify wheel fitment.

370mm pad are actually less aggressive (they suck) than the 340mm but all rear pad compound is same as 370mm front compound from my research.

running srf and even still getting a little weeping at bleeder threads, next is TI shims, more brake ducting and better pads.

good value for full bbk BUT in hindsight would I have paid more to get more, Yeah
There are 3 different pad compounds:

1. Base for North American market. No dust, crappy feel.
2. S2NHA: Euro version. That is one you want. Aggressive feel. Dust comes complimentary.
3. P337: 370mm pad From my research, same compound as Base.

Since all pads are same shape and size, S2NHA is a must for performance upgrades.
Appreciate 1