View Single Post
      02-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #46
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Update

So, COBB Stage 1 Aggressive ST is very hair raising in the cold, wet conditions of a Sunday morning. What a rubbish day we had yesterday but I needed to use the machine to take me to a go-karting grudge match (very good fun by the way, sorry to the random 14yr old kid who got bullied and his @rse handed to him lap by lap). I woke up at 8am and looked out, more bloody snow which annoyed me so I had to take it easy all the way there but even on part throttle and getting up to speed the thing wanted to take off however, the TCS on fully really controlled things here and prevented any silly moments, a very good system indeed. Anyway, when I was nearly there the oil temp was almost ready so I pulled into a lay-by to let it jump up all the way...then I pulled away with DSC half off. 1st gear and a moderate amount of throttle the wheels lit right up with DSC interferring, cutting power until I had some grip again, 2nd gear initially managed to bite the tarmac then again the car slipped with DSC telling me off. I stopped being a child at this point and cruised, then hammered it in 3rd and a little 4th just to see what would happen and the car was stepping out of shape again so with a big kid-like grin I called it quits and parked up at the venue to let her cool down.

I then destroyed all of my karting rivals and took the journey home. The car warmed up quickly so off I went again but the temp had risen outside enough to provide a little more grip so with DSC half off I gunned it to 56mph (I'm limited) on a dual carriage way and after a little grumble from the DSC it just gripped and nearly snapped my neck, I had to come off of the throttle a little to prepare myself before doing it again (until I get used to it anyway), that was until an Audi S3 matched my speed to keep the flow of traffic moving as it should who then proceeded to put his car in reverse and go backwards I can only assume as I only tickled the throttle on mine to take me from 54mph to 56mph.

So anyway, that was my experience and I absolutely loved it but I really can't wait to try this in the dry when it's warmer and with DSC fully off, that annoying DSC interuption will be gone and the car will bolt right from the get go but for now, I'm going to be safe, so should you all, be careful .
Appreciate 0