View Single Post
      02-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #58
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I tend to drive with the DSC completely off as I like to control the power with my foot, I guess this comes from how I've driven other cars. I turn DSC on totally when the weather is bad and DSC half off when the roads are a little greasy. Feeling the rear step out sideways at 70mph is quite an experience, I also realise that there's less sense of speed in this car than others I have driven so as 120mph is made in a heartbeat I need to watch it. I had the pleasure of using the car today actually so took it for a little blast, my facial expression must be funny to watch because it goes from 'oh sh*t' to massive smiles & the 'oh sh*t' again. I've not had anyone having a poke at me yet but I am confident to say that this car should be up there with some real metal.

I use the ST map, it's just how I'm used to driving now. My VAGs & Subaru felt this way so I am most comfortable with such a burst rather than a progressive feeling. COBB have done a good job keeping the stock thottle characterisics though, the huge surge of power at 4000rpm is still there and reminds me of one of my old VTEC toys but just MUCH MUCH better .

Really looking forward to your results Alpina, once I'm used to Stage 1 I'll head for Stage 2+ and probably follow in your footsteps with the rest of it. LSD is a consideration but I bought the E93 over E92 to stop me going mad on it and throwing at a race track .
Appreciate 0