View Single Post
      11-29-2016, 04:28 PM   #10
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
The car is now properly tuned for a ABC delete, the DPF differential pressure sensor has been disconnected and removed. Yet the DDE is still reporting a static 95 psi DPF pressure when monitor the cars parameters. It behaved the same previously when the sensor was connected but hoses routed in a U.
If you look at my first post in this thread, there's a link to a document on differential pressure sensors. Also put a picture of a differential pressure sensor voltage output versus pressure.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19151674

The sensor output signal should increase as pressure increases. 95 psi has got to be full scale... If you see the same 95 psi PID value with or without the sensor, I'd guess your sensor is bad, or the connection was bad, or the DDE interface to that sensor was bad.

To check the sensor, one thing you can do is blow/suck on one of the tubes to the sensor and monitor what happens on DWR's Torque PID to see if/how the reading changes. I did this to determine the polarity of which tube was the positive pressure inlet. Make sure your wife doesn't walk into the garage while you're doing this, or you will get some interesting questions...