just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Fix it ticket for Tint help :O

I was in downtown mountain view (castro) and was about to leave the area to go back to school... and I get pulled over by a cop on a motorcycle just for tint. I was like really? I mean sure if I was speeding and you wanted to add that on to my speeding--that's fine, but just to pull me over for tint.... anyways... so now I have a fix it ticket.

the "WHAT TO DO" for me reads:
C. (Correctable Violations) If the "Yes" box is checked on the front of your ticket, the violation is correctable. Upon correction of the violation, have a law enforcement officer or an authorized inspection/installation station agent sign below. Registration and driver license violations may also be certified as corrected at an office of the DMV or by an clerk or deputy clerk of a court. The violation will be dismissed by the court after PROOF OF CORRECTION and payment of a transaction fee are presented to the court by mail or in person by the appearance date. --then theres some other junk about liability insurance.

First of all, are there any norcal people with cop friends that would be willing to sign me off?

And if not, then do I have to (1) pay the fine and (2) get an officer to write it off?

Before, I thought all I had to do was pay the fine OR get it fixed (and not pay), but this is a bit confusing.

Lastly, do you know how much the fee is.

Thanks for the help.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0