avenger2540
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
I watched your vid, good breakdown of the replacement. But I guess I question how you knew how much to jack up the hub without measuring the height when the car is on the ground.

With the car on the ground I measured from wheel/hub center to the wheel well/fender which came to 13.5 inches. So when I put the car up on the jack, I knew I had to jack up the hub till the center measure 13.5 inches to the wheel well/fender. That is the best way I could find how to get an accurate measurement of what load actually would be with the car on the ground.

So with just jacking up the hub without knowing how high to jack it up, it isn't possible to know how long the endlink truly needs to be.
Yea,thats the closed you can get,doing what I did,lifting the disk up, as far as u can go,without lifting the car,just puting the cars weight on the 2 lifts,that way it simulating the car on the ground...
09 e92 335xi Alpine White, Saddle Interior, Sport pkg, Cold pkg, Comfort pkg, Premium pkg, Adactive Headlights, Black Kidney Grill, M3front, Mtech rear, M3side skirts, CF Performance spoiler, Kw v1, 19" M6 Replicas Hankook Ventus v12 evo...
Appreciate 0