opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianMoller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
You add the new entries to the VO, then apply the VO to those modules and default code them.

This causes the new entries to appear in the trace files on those modules for the high beams.

Once the kombi is default coded/reset the auto high beam symbol becomes active. Kombi learns that auto high beams are present and adjusts when it reads the new VO and you default code it.
Thanks´
This threw me initially since the instrument cluster was not showing the auto high beam symbol but they were working after my initial coding.

Once I also default coded the Kombi the "A" symbol appeared when the auto high beams are active.

The firmware already has the proper programming for all of this, it relies upon the VO to tell it which programming to activate. Once activated the dump of the trace files reveals a whole bunch of new entries, including light color sensitivity, AHL switching pauses, off angle detection, etc., etc... a rather amazing array of adjustable settings.

I think I only bumped the sensitivity up one number and I find it to be perfect.

It only fails to immediately dim the high beams when an oncoming car has very very dim front lights with an overly warm color range. Strangely the rear aspect detection for red tail lights is amazingly accurate at very good distances.
Appreciate 0