View Single Post
      10-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #11
svagusta
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafish View Post
Ok first.. Stock doesnt give you any problems? You can do pulls with no codes?.. Thats step one.. If issue is there in stock configuration stop putting a tune on it and fix the issue.. Probably the unit deal replaced, or connection not seated.. What you gap measure at?

If in stock you dont have a issue than which tune are throwing codes.. We need to know which tune is causing the issue to help..
Shop said the gap was the correct 2 or 3mm - forget which one it is.

--Factory DME settings will not reproduce the issue, but I'm katless and have 3.5bar tmap which OEM DME does not like so it wont allow boost to build at these settings - so not sure if this is an apples to apples comparison, as car doesnt really make any power here.

--MHD Stage 0 lets car out of limp mode since it can account for katless and N20 tmap, and I am not able to reproduce the issue here, can go WOT no faults.

--Custom MHD tune from Twisted Tuning will produce fault codes, but only when hitting relatively high power. I can drive it around town no problem until I mash on it.

Today I started playing around with MHDs option to limit power by gear for the Twisted Tune. I decreased the power to 50% through all gears, no fault codes appear. I can go WOT without any stumbles. I raised it up to about 75% and started having issues again at WOT.

This is leading me to wonder if its DSC/traction related, but there are no helpful fault codes being thrown - everything is pointing to missing info from the transmission...
Appreciate 0