Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsantos81 View Post
Can't do it in the trunk? Damn. I guess I need instructions for this. Would you happen to know what color it is?

So, it's pin 13 behind the OEM unit, regardless of standard or logic 7?
Yes. But I though there was an REM lead to the Hi-Fi amp...maybe just in earlier models.

The problem with wiring your REM lead to the cigg lighter is that the cig lighter is only on with ACC power....key fob in, foot off brake, one press.

Using the OEM REM lead powers on the amp with the user activated circuit...aka when unlocking/opening doors.

When you have it wired to the cigg lighter, amps turn off after turning off the car. Normally, the radio stays on until the door is opened. Also bluetooth will not work after shutting the car off (because the maps are off). It was quite annoying for me so I sucked it up and ran the REM lead from pin #13 in my L7 HU. What a pain for such a small wire

Technic....can I use that 12v relay to power angel eyes? I'm designing a custom set for my car and need to figure out how to wire it. I'll be using a buckpuck (driver) that can handle anywhere from 5v to 32v I beleive.
Appreciate 0