View Single Post
      11-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
razer8724
Private
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C55 AMG

Procede V2 Installed this weekend!

First off, I'd like to thank Alex (HyperM3) for helping, or more accurately, installing the entire PROcede V1 and V2 units at the same time on my car. We started yesterday around 2:30 and he had the entire thing hooked up by 3:15! When it came down to actually connecting the PROcede, we had some trouble as it would not even recognize the unit. After probably about 30 attempts, and freezing our hands off we went inside to troubleshoot using advice from the forum. We come outside once again, this time with Alex's laptop and still nothing. Then strike of luck, the unit connects all of a sudden while he is on the phone! Both of us being puzzled, we decided to go ahead and upload the files to the PROcede and upgrade it to v2.0.1.

To save some time, I dowloaded all the files from Vishnu's site days prior and put it onto a thumb drive. But as usual, my bad luck follows me and we find out the next day the file was corrupt. But back to day 1; we try to start the car and it starts stuttering and my dashboard looks like the christmas tree from Rockafeller, throwing codes such as 4x4 disabled, Service Engine Soon, Half power mode [limp mode], DSC/DTC disabled. We turn it off after a few attempts, scratch our heads, and decide to call it a day for now as it was getting bitterly cold and dark outside. Alex put everything back to stock and my car was completely driveable as I went home. We met up again today to try troubleshooting it even more, and on our first attempt of reinstalling the serial to usb driver, connecting the procede, and running the program we were successful! The car started up like stock and remained so even after we went for a couple test drives.

Coming from driving a 2005 C55 AMG, i was missing the torque of the V8 and realized that the V2 was a necessity if i was going to continue to enjoy this car. The power delivery of the PROcede V2 was amazingly like stock and pulled in every gear, at any RPM. The only thing i miss now about the V8 was its initial "grab" when you down shift manually and smash the throttle. I feel as if the turbos still need a couple of milliseconds of time to spool up and they don't deliver the same neck-snapping feel as the AMG used to. I don't know if this is the actual reason, but just an educated shot in the dark made by a naive idiot. After we finished the install and made a few test runs with the laptop connected and showing boosts between 13-14 psi, we hooked everything back up and the car looks as stock as always. Alex quickly took me for a test drive in his Helix-tuned car and it seemed plenty powerful even compared to the recently installed V2. Afterwards, he quickly installed the golf-tee mod and the car sounds even meaner than ever!

For those curious, I just bought my 2008 E92 Alpine White 335xi about 3 weeks ago, so i've been hit by the mod bug pretty badly already. I'm one of those people concerned dearly with the factory warranty, and after having Alex install the entire PROcede i feel very comfortable knowing I was in good hands. He is an amazing installer and I would recommend ANYONE in the nj/pa/ny area if they need help with something or need something installed. I'm currently at school working on a paper right now, but I'm sure i'll be driving the car all night just to feel the power of the V2. Just felt like taking a break and expressing my excitement after installing the PROcede! as Alex would say, "rock on".

P.S. - Look for me tonight on channel 2 news, I'll be the 08 AW 335xi from NJ in the high speed chase with all the cops after me...hahah just kidding.
Appreciate 0