04-24-2016, 08:11 PM   #2
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9iron View Post
I need a little help with my negotiation strategy. My wife is currently leasing a 2014 Ford Edge (lame, i know) and we are due to turn it in at the end of November. She drives very little (~8k miles/year) so we are considering just buying it out since we've had it since new and it has all the options she likes.

We did not negotiate a buyout price at the beginning since i had no plans of keeping it.....we thought we'd just keep leasing her a new car every two or three years. We got the "A-plan" deal since my brother works for Ford. Our sales guy said buyout would be $22,460 at the end of lease when i emailed him last month.

My question is: Can i negotiate on this price if it is "A-plan"? We are trying to keep our car payment as low as possible. Let me know if you have any experience with this. Thanks.
The price is set at the beginning...it's the residual value. That's your buyback option. Cross-check if that $22,460 is it....on your lease contract.

If it's lower, then you win.

Otherwise, try to call Ford Finance before the lease end and try to negotiate. Usually dealers don't bother with buyouts. They'd rather buy a cream puff like yours for under residual and sell it for big gross....and get you into a NEW EDGE.

Yes, lame...the Edge.
Appreciate 1