Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
I'll try , I wouldn't mind stiffening the suspension first but it worries me doing it in a cabrio as although it handles on the road well, won;t it be really bad on a track?
You'll be absolutely fine and will have a blast! Of course the convertible isn't the best track tool, but for the first 60-80 laps (which you won't be able to do anyway on that week-end) you'll drive far, far below the limits of your car anyway (or else the possibility that you crash it will be quite high...), so that shouldn't be a problem at all.

I can only recommend you to do that, it'll be loads of fun and the company is always excellent. I just hope Tone organises something this year - I'll be going on two trackdays most likely, 18 June and 20 August. Also, there's one Friday in May - 11th to be precise - where the 'Ring is open the whole day for the public ("Touristenfahrten"). Unique opportunity, I can only urge anyone to organise a week-end 'Ring trip then. A German forum has already planned a 1M meeting, so there should be loads of BMW enthusiast there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
I noticed that there wasn't an aggressive/stock throttle map for stage 2 so if you're using the aggressive stage 1 Nigelo, it might feel a bit less pokey even though you're making more power according to reviews on the US side.
Hmmm, at least for my car there were linear and stock (aka aggressive) throttle maps for any specific stage 2 map. I'm using the stage 2+FMIC sports map with stock throttle right now and it feels quite fast - although with snow outside (again) I can't really try it out anyhow.

Alpina_B3_Lux