01-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #159
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMcSass View Post
That sounds reasonable at $475 installed, labor alone is probably $200. If the price was $275 for the FFTEC kit then I think more would consider it. The fuel pump goes for $180 with the install kit. Paying $100 for extra fuel lines and such seems reasonable but paying $400+ seems very excessive to me.

I suspect that any minor low pressure upgrade would be enough to support original turbos. Once you upgrade the turbos the parallel setup is probably going to be the best way to go. Since you already own the pump if you ever want to switch it sounds like you will need only change around a couple of your fuel lines.
If FFTEC had market knowledge that every member on the forum would buy this product, they could probably knock $100 per unit off and still make a profit. Unfortunately that isn't the case. Like any company, they are in the business of making money. So I don't fault them for wanting to make back the money they spend in R&D not to mention making a profit. I'm just happy they took the time to provide a solution because if it wasn't for companies like Vishnu, BMS, RB, Vargas, COBB... where would we be today? Don't you think that a set of AR DPs is a little over the top at $800? People still buy them even when you can get VRSF's for $300. Bottom line is we all have options. Options are good.
Appreciate 0