04-29-2013, 03:53 AM   #47
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Matt and I met to discuss this recently and this is what we have come up with so far:

Weekend of 26th -28th July
Main drive on Saturday 27th.

Main base Halifax, West Yorkshire. There's a new Premier Inn just opened, several decent pubs and restaurants and a safe car park.

www.broad-street-plaza.co.uk

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/H...ax-town-centre

Outline Plan

Friday
Couple of beers and a meal at a local restaurant/pub for anyone who is arriving on the Friday and staying over. Although I live locally and Matt is in Leeds, we'll be happy to meet up with anyone and sort something out.

Saturday
Meet 10.30-11
Drive 11am
Stops en route somewhere for chat/photos etc.
Lunch around 1pm (pub) in or near Holmfirth
Drive and further stops for chat/photos
Return to Halifax for a bit of downtime before the evening lash up

Meet at Wetherspoons for a pre-dinner drink. Evening meal at 3 Olives, drinks around town for those who want to indulge!

www.3olivesmezebar.co.uk

Matt and I went recently with our respective partners and we had great food at very reasonable prices. Thought it might make a change from the almost obligatory curry, but if anyone has strong feelings about this please add your comments!

Possible route - this takes in some cracking roads and is centred on Holmfirth as a lunchtime stop.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...6,8,9&t=m&z=11

Sunday is usually a quiet checkout and people usually head home, but if anyone wanted to meet somewhere for lunch I'm sure something could be arranged.

Hope we have a great turnout. The emphasis is on the social side of things rather than tearing up the countryside or showing off our cars, but we do like a pretty spirited drive! More details will follow, but please feel free to comment or ask any questions.

Gav & Matt
In. Will sort hotel etc this week.