01-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #312
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_or_pc View Post
Do you have a newer firmware on the iDrive? I think for some people with 09/10 models, if they have their firmware updated before by BMW, then the USB maps will work.

My dad has an 2009 BMW early Apr/09 build. I've tried to do the USB update from the 09 maps straight to the 13 maps, and it doesn't work. I plugged it into the USB in the glove box, and the USB only flashes a few times, and it stops flashing and nothing happens. Even after waiting a few minutes, still nothing happens. The USB is formatted to FAT32, with only the 2 files in the "root" folder. No luck...

The firmware on his car hasn't been updated before.. It'll be a trip to the dealer, like a few other people have experienced.
That is the exact issue i had. my build date is 11/08, being one of the few very early builds with the CIC (introduced in 9/08). After being updated by the dealer to v47, a lot of the interface has changed and for the better. The phone is better, the speed of the interface is better. Overall, BMW should do these for free as it only makes things better.